We are so excited to be back in school!
Please CLICK HERE for an updated School Calendar.
Great things are happening at St. Regis!
If a student is going to be tardy/absent please email their homeroom teacher and copy (cc) the front office ( email@example.com )
You may also call the office at 248-724-3377 ext 5040 to report the absence or tardiness.
Virtual 5th Grade & Academy Band
Mrs. Head will be offering VIRTUAL 5th Grade Band and Academy Band via MICROSOFT TEAMS.
5th Grade Band: Tuesdays 4:00-4:30
Academy Band: Thursdays 4:00-4:30
Students will perform new music, interact with students outside of homerooms, and develop their skills as musicians. Please fill out the form below to sign up and contact Mrs. Head for any questions!
SMILE! Picture day is September 24
Please CLICK HERE for Order Form and information.
Kids Club will be open daily from 3:10-5:30 pm (at this time).
The following procedures will be implemented this year:
- All students must submit the Kids Club form before attending the first time!
- All students and staff will be required to wear a mask
- A maximum of 12 students will be allowed each day
- Students may not share materials, snacks, or devices
- Students must be signed up in advance (via Signup Genius)
- Daily drop-ins are not allowed
- A minimum of $100 must be pre-added to your Kid’s Club Account. Payment will be deducted based on attendance
Scheduled to begin Monday, September 14! To be eligible for bus service you must reside in the Birmingham School District. St. Regis has forwarded contact information for all eligible students to Birmingham Transportation. All eligible families will be contacted by Birmingham Transportation directly with route information.
Threads and More
We are accepting gently used uniforms for our school store Threads and More. If you are finding that your children have outgrown their uniforms please consider donating them to our store. We are only accepting the circle logo, uniforms can be dropped off to Mary Grobbel.
Thank you for supporting St. Regis!
Good to know
Our friends at Village Pharmacy + Compounding have partnered with BioTech Labs and have a testing center at their Maple/Lahser location. Click HERE for more information.
Virtual Preview Night
Brother Rice will be hosting a Virtual Preview Night on Wednesday, September 16 at 6:00 PM.
Click HERE to RSVP.
Lunch/Recess Help Needed!
St. Regis is looking to hire two people to cover lunch in the classrooms and one person to work outside recess coverage daily. If you (or someone you know) are interested in working from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm (M, W, Th, F) and 10:30-1:00 pm on Tuesday, please let us know. These are paid positions and will be for the first semester (at this time).
ST REGIS SCHOOL ADVANCEMENT
Spirit Wear: New items and more sizes & styles arriving this week! Spirit wear can be purchased from the online store HERE. Purchases made this week will be delivered next week by Thursday. Pre-ordered and any back-ordered items from past orders will be delivered Monday, September 14.
2019/20 Advancement Funds at Work: Thank you to all who supported last year’s advancement events! Money raised last year supports many important projects including:
- Teacher Laptops: These new laptops will enhance our existing suite of classroom technology, and will add flexibility for our teachers to move around the classroom, teach, video record and broadcast lessons.
- New Front Entrance: Many thanks to LUXE Homes Design + Build and Bryan & Rachel Leith for donating their time, creativity and project management services to create our amazing new covered front entrance. Made possible by advancement funds, this beautiful addition to our school enhances the look, function and security of our front entrance.
- New Preschool Playground: Check out the progress on the new playground this week… we can’t wait to see our littlest Raiders playing on it very soon! Thank you Colby and Mark Mitchell for sponsoring this project, and to the St. Regis community for contributing to advancement fundraising.
Questions or interested in getting involved? Contact Heather Venner
Teacher Appreciation Committee
The TAC (Teacher Appreciation Committee) is hard at work planning ways to extend our appreciation to our amazing St. Regis teachers and staff. We are so very grateful (this year more than ever!) for their tireless dedication to our school and students.
At present, here are a few great ways to extend your support:
- Please check to see if your student’s teacher has an Amazon wish list. This is an easy way to provide materials they may need for their classroom.
- Donate disinfecting wipes, spray and sanitizer!
- Consider signing up to provide a Wednesday lunch for our teachers. Lunch should be provided for 45-50 people and delivered by 10:30 on the day you have signed up. Each year, families or grade levels take turns providing lunch and drinks for the St. Regis staff.
Please CLICK HERE for additional information and consider signing up for a time slot.
Questions? Contact Kristine Vazzano
ROOM PARENTS NEEDED!
It’s time to sign up as room parent for the 2020-2021 school year! With the exception of 8th grade, which is already covered, each homeroom needs one or two parents to provide support to the teachers for social events and communication throughout the year. If you are interested, but a little unsure, don’t worry! The SAC has developed a format to make the role as simple as possible, and we will also help guide and assist wherever we can.
If you are interested in signing up to be a room parent, please email SAC@stregis.org with your name, contact info, and the grade/homeroom teacher(s) of your child(ren) ASAP.
Altar Server Training
Inviting all 5th -8th graders to join the Altar Server Team!
Training dates are:
Thursday, September 10 and 17, 4:00-5:00 pm
Saturday, September 19 and 26, 2:00-3:00 pm
Please contact Mary Von Koss for more information.
Outdoor Mass – Sunday, September 20 – 12 Noon
Have you been away from the Mass for a while? Have you been regularly attending Mass? Whether you have been attending Mass your whole life are new to attending Mass, this study is for you! THE MASS will change the way you attend Mass forever!
Click HERE for more information
First Reconciliation Parent/Student Meeting:
Sunday, September 27 @ 1:00 pm via Zoom
Tuesday, September 29@ 7:00 pm via Zoom
8th Grade Confirmation Parent/Student Meeting:
Sunday, September 20 @ 1:00 pm via Zoom
Tuesday, September 22 @ 7:00 pm via Zoom