Return to school 2020-21
Oakland County Student and Staff COVID-19 Checklist
Safe for School Hotline
This telephone screening resource is available to assist parents pre-screen and identify potential illness in children prior to entering school. All screenings are conducted by healthcare professionals. Hotline staff can help answer questions about COVID-19 symptoms, the need for testing, and what is considered high-risk.
No cost for parents/guardians of Oakland County school-aged children
5:00 AM – 8:00 AM
Monday through Friday
October 12 - December 30, 2020
NURSE ON CALL
Number of Cases:
New Cases Reported: 1 (13 NOV 2020)
Populations Affected: No Spread in School Population
Cumulative Cases Reported: 4 (since 01 SEP 2020)
St. Regis Catholic School will continue to take every precaution necessary to ensure the safety of your children. This may include spraying classrooms, hallways, locker rooms, and common areas, as needed, with a sanitizer, along with other methods of disinfection.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
- Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol). · Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands. · Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
- Answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Those members of the St. Regis Community who were or are suspected to have been in Close Contact with a School Associated Case will be notified by School Administration and/or the Oakland County Health Department.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment while also providing quality education.
If you have any questions, contact Oakland County Health Department at (248) 858-1280. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.