“Every baptized person not yet confirmed can and should receive the sacrament of Confirmation. … Baptism is certainly valid and efficacious, but Christian initiation remains incomplete.”
(Catechism of the Catholic Church, #1306)
CONFIRMATION FOR ADULTS
Were you baptized in the Catholic Faith and made your First Communion but never celebrated the Sacrament of Confirmation? If so, we can help you prepare to receive this Sacrament which will unite you more firmly to Christ, complete the grace of Baptism and the gifts of the Holy Spirit within you, and complete your Christian Initiation.
CONFIRMATION FOR TEENS
Teens who want to prepare for Confirmation:
- Are to have reached at least the 8th grade level in faith formation or religion class by the time of Confirmation.
- Must be baptized Roman Catholic; went through First Eucharist and First Reconciliation and received those sacraments;
- Have registered as a member of St. Regis Catholic Parish;
- Consistently Attended faith formation classes or a Catholic School for the past two years ; NB: Confirmation prep begins in the 7th grade year and continues through 8th grade.
- Enrolled for the current academic year in a Catholic school or Parish Faith Formation program
Click here to download the Confirmation HandBook
Confirmation Enrollment Mass: Sunday, October 9, 2022 @ 10:00 a.m. St Regis Church
Confirmation Registration Packet Due: Friday, October 14, 2022 includes Registration Form (Online), Baptismal Certificate, Christian Service Project Intent Form, Letter of Good Standing from sponsor’s parish.
Confirmation Interview between Confirmation Candidate and their Sponsor Due: Friday, January 13, 2023
Confirmation Retreat: Sunday, February 5, 2023 @ 12 Noon Mass until 5:00 p.m. (Confirmation Candidate and Sponsor/Parent must Attend).
Christian Service Reflection Paper Due: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Confirmation Interviews with Fr. David Buersmeyer: March 2023 Date and Time TBD
For more information please contact Theresa Skwara at email@example.com or (248) 646-2686 Ext. 5034.